Angular 15 is the latest version with numerous features and updates to improve the performance. It is important to know how to upgrade to Angular 15. The updates are made in the latest version to deliver a better developer experience and performance. Let’s explore the new updates,features of Angular 15 and how to upgrade angular 15.
What’s New in Angular 15?
The important features of Angular 15 are:
- Stable Standalone components with APIs
- Directive Composition API
- Multi-Route Application
- Stack Traces
- Stable Image Directives
Stable Standalone APIs
The standalone components in Angular v15 are stable. It allows developers to build Angular applications without any module. This simplifies the development practices. Angular standalone components are fully functional. With standalone APIs, bootstrap an Angular application using a single component.
Directive Composition API
This feature is mainly implemented with the most popular feature request on GitHub. It assists in code reusability and increases host elements with the directives. This feature allows effective time management in the development process. The directive composition API works with the Standalone directive.
Using the new router standalone APIs, Angular allows to build a multi-route application.Another benefit of the provideRouter API is tree-shakeability. Bundlers can remove unused features of the router at build-time. This allows to decrease the size of the router code in the application bundle.
Angular v15 makes debugging the Angular applications easier with cleaner stack traces. Angular 15 provides stack traces that show more of your application’s code and less from the libraries it calls.
Stable Image Directives
To load images,the NgOptimizedImage directive feature eases the process with best practices to improve performance. It ensures loading the Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) image. This directive follows lazy loading of images.
How to Upgrade to Angular 15?
The following steps are important to upgrade from Angular 14 to Angular 15 are:
- Angular v15 supports node.js versions: 14.20.x, 16.13.x and 18.10.x.So update your versions.
- Angular v15 supports TypeScript version 4.8 or later. Hence use the supported version.
- To update the application,In the project directory, run ng update @angular/core@15 @angular/cli@15.
- Update the Angular compiler prefix with the component’s scope and use global stylesheets.
- Remove enableIvy as Ivy is the rendering engine in Angular 15.
- Use decorators in base classes with child classes to inherit constructors and use dependency injection.
- Change instances of the DATE_PIPE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE token to use DATE_PIPE_DEFAULT_OPTIONS to configure time zones.
- Upgrade the angular CLI version globally by using the update command of ng.
ng update @angular/cli @angular/core
See ng version by following command:
Finally,Learn Angular 15 with all the latest features with us to stay updated in the tech field. It is very important to learn the new features and updates in typescript and other improvements. This helps to improve the performance of application and salary growth.